04 November 2016

November Elemental Inspiration - Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Happy November!

I'm back as Guest Designer on the Daring Cardmakers blog.  This week's challenge is an inspirational one for November that can be found here.  The elements I used were colours, textures and tree.  I love vibrant colours so this challenge inspired me to create this:


I used the inverted image from a new Sizzix die in gold and backed it with turquoise glitter, purple embossed and pink pearlised card.

I couldn't find an appropriate sentiment and it got me thinking, does a card need a sentiment? You can clearly see this is a Christmas Card so I went without and I'll be doing a lot more cards without sentiments too!

My other current love at the moment is non traditional colours for Christmas cards........

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and your comments are always appreciated.

Shabneez xxx

Products used:
DCWV Glitter card
Sizzix Christmas Tree and Snowflake Thinlits
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Docrafts Glittered Snowflakes
Everything else from my stash


18 comments:

  1. I LOVE non traditional colours for Christmas cards and decorations - your card turned out great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE non traditional colours for Christmas cards and decorations - your card turned out great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your card is gorgeous I love the colours you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and full of fun Shabneez.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Shabneez, love the colours and layout..This would fit perfectly with our Delicious Doodles challenge this month - Non-Traditional Christmas (Image or colours) hope to see you there, you can find the link on my blog, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Shabneez, so modern and bright. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous bright Christmas card Shabneez!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love non traditional colours for Christmas too. I do love your tree and its great to have you with us. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great modern vibe to this Shabneez and I agree - sentiments are not always necessary, this looks great without!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and bright, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super card Shabneez. The lovely modern design works so well with the cheerful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, the colours and the designs. I think cards without a sentiment are ok, I do leave some of mine blank and then sometimes add one when I know what the card is going to be used for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card Shabneez....great design....and colours....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is great! I like the bold colours and the glitter elements. And it really doesn't need a sentiment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love the bright colors, so fun to see a wonderful and different color combo for winter theme

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovey card thank you for joiing us at Delicious Doodles challenge hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Back to thank you for joining our challenge at Delicious Doodles, Shabneez, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete