03 February 2017

News & February Elemental Inspirational Challenge - Daring Cardmakers

Happy Friday!

After a good run of Guest Design Team spots on the Daring Cardmakers Blog, I am very pleased to share that I have been invited by Kathy to be a permanent Design Team.  My fellow DT members have made feel very welcome - thank you!

On to this week's challenge which has been set by Svenja.  The challenge was to use specific elements which you can see at the end of my post.

I really enjoyed making this card.  Milestone birthdays are always extra special and I get to embellish to my heart's content!  I've predominantly used the Docrafts Capsule collection with additions from Craftwork Cards for the frame, sentiment and candi.


Here's a close up:


I used the coordinating ready cut bows that you have to make up with a a brad to secure it.

This is the image from which you have to choose 3 elements.  The elements I chose were the gold hexagons, the gold key and the filigree element from the pocket watch.  It was a male card that immediately came to mind but I challenged myself to put a feminine twist on it!


There is some fabulous inspiration from my fellow team mates on the blog HERE so please do take a look and join in.  I'd love to see your creations!

Shabneez

Products used:
Docrafts Capsule Geometric Mocha Collection
Craftwork Cards Frames, Sentiments and Card Candi
Key from the Trimcraft Botanicals range
Everything else from my stash

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shabneez.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Shabneez, so much detail. Congratulations on your permanent DT spot, well earnt. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card today Shabneez. Love the details. Congrats on the DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Shabneez, congratulations you earned it x Janis x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Shabneez, love all your embellishments. I am now your latest follower.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous design and detail Shabneez. Many congratulations on you DT post!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is a stunning card it is just amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Shabneez, that's fantastic news!
    I love your card and all the embellishments you have used.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Shabneez, that's fantastic news!
    I love your card and all the embellishments you have used.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card Shabneez. I really like this paper collection and I love your fabulous layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card - you rocked those elements!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, great use of the bits, I would have ended up with a crap male card...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Didn't the Insp Picture provide the perfect elements for a 21st card! It's so good when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow super little card ... so much to look at ... well done ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much detail on this fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, Shabneez! And a lot going on there. You just reminded me that I have yet to use this paper and washi tape - it's in my stash, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your DT and another fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really pretty and feminine take on the elements of the photo Shabneez, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your girlie take on this months inspiration picture. So pretty. x

    ReplyDelete