11 November 2016

Step Away From The Cards (Bags and Boxes) - DCM Challenge

Happy Friday!

I'm still getting over the Sarah Hurley Live! event yesterday. It was packed full of information, inspiration, networking and creativity.  I was fortunate enough to demonstrate there as part of the Sarah Hurley Community.

On to this week's theme for the DCM Challenge which is 'Step Away From The Cards'.  We were asked to make/decorate gift bags or boxes.


I actually needed to decorate a box for a gift I'd bought my sister in law. I used washi tape in 2 contrasting colours to create a central border and topped with a die cut butterfly. I cut the butterfly in both plain cardstock and some foiled velum. To embellish I used a little twine and a flower. It was a quick and easy way to transform a plain box.

You can see the wonderful creations by the Team here. I hope you'll join in!

Shabneez xxx

Products Used:
Sizzix Butterfly Die Set
Dovecraft Washi Tape
Everything else from my stash




19 comments:

  1. Hi this little box is stunning. I have just started using Washi tape I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea with the washi tape and the colours are so lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous gift box Shabneez. Such a simple idea but so wonderfully effective. Both of the tapes and the butterfly are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gift box Shabneez...fabulous use of Washi Tape, which I have yet to use on a project...hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love your mix of materials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely little box, do like the little bit of rose detail to the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use washi tape Shabneez, I love how you have decorated the box. Your butterfly is gorgeous.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, I just LOVE the washi tape on there and that butterfly is just the perfect touch. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun creation Shabneez. Love the bright and cheering detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project Shabneez, I love the washi tape. I wish I could have come to the Sarah Hurley event but too far away. I hope to see you demo one day. Cathyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi shabneez ... just love your box project ... very clever ... yes I love washi tape too ... hope all is well ... thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment on my dear sons card ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, love the washi tape and such a pretty box x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shabneez....Love your box project....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really sweet and pretty, lovely gift box Shabneez!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful box, Shabneez. I love the simplicity of the Kraft, twine and Washi tape. The butterfly looks perfect sitting there on the top

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so easy, yet very effective. I love the way you decorated your gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this box and how you have used the washi tapes

    ReplyDelete